In this article:
N1 Holdings Limited has summarised recent trends they have spotted in their deals.
What type of deals is N1 seeing?
- More larger loan size deals, they are seeing a lot more over $5mil to $10mil nowadays, there has been a few urgent settlements. N1 can fund up to $25mil+ on residentials
- More 12 months deals than shorter terms. They have also had a spike in enquiries of 18mth+ terms. Historically they saw more 6 months deals.
- More residentials than commercials. Notably more non-major cities enquiries from booming Newcastle, Wollongong, Gold Coast/Noosa, etc.
How is the SME market doing?
- SMEs are coping with increased activity post-pandemic,
- “Land bankers” are capitalizing on opportunities of well-priced sites
- A lot of small business owners, especially B2B businesses have been doing well, service-based businesses seem to have picked up a lot in activity
How is the property market doing?
- Valuations have occasionally exceeded expectations, and borrowers’ expectations are getting more aligned with market sentiment
- Less purchase activity in the space of sub $1mil property. N1 doesn’t see much change of activity in off-market sales or larger size transactions. However, there have been 27 deals funded in the last quarter as equity release or refinance.
- They are seeing a slight increase in activity and enquiries coming in from Adelaide of South Australia.
If you have any questions, refer to your YBR BDM.